What they DON'T tell you on prep groups!

This is a blog of the things we have learned as a new adoptive Mum and Dad to three children under the age of five. For 'Mum' you can read 'Dad' and 'parent'. It is also a record of some of the things no-one told us on the prep groups. Some of it is what children get up to in general and some of it is adoption-specific. Regardless, it should be an interesting read for any parent, prospective and adoptive. Feel free to add your comments, which I shall publish.

10 Jan 2011

Being an adoptive Mum is...

...not having any time for yourself - or even to THINK about yourself.  In eight months I haven't had my hair cut, had my eyebrows shaped, when it was hubby's birthday I forgot to buy him a card as I was so busy getting him something from the children, I haven't pro-actively sorted out my paperwork / post / emails, I haven't pro-actively contacted a lot of friends, I haven't written thank-you cards to people who gave us things for the children when they moved in / for their birthdays / for Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. If its any consolation, I shaved my legs the other day - 1st time since September & I also managed to take what remained of my nail varnish from my big toes and pluck my eyebrows - so in nearly 4 months I have just about caught up (I think??) but I only have the one - not 3 oh and p.s. Hubby forgot to buy ME my 1st Christmas card from my son :0( but he did get me one from himself!

    ReplyDelete